WARNING! GRAPHIC!! Krokodil, Europe’s “Designer Drug”

Posted on 16. Sep, 2011 by in Uncategorized

It’s being called “The Drug That Eats Junkies” by the media. It’s street name is Krokodil, because of the effect it has on the flesh of the user. It’s pharmaceutical name is Desomorphine. And it’s killing almost every person that tries it even once.

A derivative of Morphine, it was first created in 1932 in the United States as a possible Morphine substitute. Scientists were looking for new drugs that would have strong analgesic effects but be less addictive than Morphine. Desomorphine and Methadone seemed to be the most promising, but it was soon discovered that Desomorphine was extremely addictive, so it never became a widely used painkiller.

In recent years drug enforcement programs in Europe have become much more effective and have made it increasingly difficult to obtain Heroin. Heroin users in Europe have been turning to Krokodil in alarming numbers to satisfy their addictions. And there are now reports of Krokodil addiction here in the U.S.

Krokodil is made at home with Codeine, which is legal to buy over the counter in Europe and easily obtained on the streets here in the United States, and a number of cheap household chemicals. Because of it’s short lived effects and length of time it takes to make the drug, and the severe addiction that results, Krokodil addicts spend all of their time cooking the drug and using.

Krokodil is so addictive that most people never recover. Reports of people continuing to shoot up until their flesh has completely rotted off of parts of the bodies, until they can no longer even move, until death, are not uncommon. The average Krokodil addict lives only 1-2 years due to the severe deterioration of flesh and internal organs, including the brain.

There is a lot to say about this killer “Designer Drug,” but I’ll just let some photos do the talking.

Need more evidence of how awful this drug is? Youtube Krokodil and start watching videos. But be warned in advance…I do not recommend doing this.

31 Responses to “WARNING! GRAPHIC!! Krokodil, Europe’s “Designer Drug””

1. NORMA JEAN L. 16 September 2011 at 3:12 pm #

ASTONISHING. THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE ON THIS HORRIFIC DRUG.

2. Gina 16 September 2011 at 4:09 pm #

OMG thank you for sharing this information. I am attending classes working on an Addiction Counselor’s degree. I am also a recovered alcoholic. It so sad that these street drugs are so toxic inside and out.

I know being a counselor can be very tiring and the burnout rate is fast and furious. If I can save one person from this hell, I will be thankful that God gave me a chance to serve others.

Blessings,

Gina L

3. Lynn H. 16 September 2011 at 4:46 pm #

OMG – COMPLETE INSANITY AND HELL ON EARTH. I WILL ADD ALL TO MY LIST OF PRAYERS FOR THOSE STILL OUT THERE. THANK YOU FOR THE VALUABLE INFORMATION AS TO HOW MADDENING ADDICTION CAN AND HAS BECOME.lwh

4. harpuck 16 September 2011 at 5:43 pm #

Words can’t begin to describe how I feel I saw your article on In the Rooms. My God I am in shock this drug is killing people in a horrible way. My prayers are going out for the suffering addict.

5. Diane 16 September 2011 at 5:51 pm #

My God, what a horrible thing. I sure hope that they can get off before it is to late. I too as what was stated above am a Recovering Alcoholic and had a hard time. But it was killing me. I had two choices. One was to stop and the other welll we know what that is death. I choose the riht path and am very happy but the things out there. Gee I hope they can stop this drug. Prayers for all!!!!

6. btaylor 16 September 2011 at 8:55 pm #

Wow!! This is very sad for those still who still suffer from addiction. I pray that they will find recovery from their addiction and that they do not die from it. Very graphic but people should see and know the affect of addiction so that maybe they will seek help. May we all be able to help!!! a still suffering addict.

7. Maggie M. 17 September 2011 at 7:11 am #

As a registered nurse and recovered alcoholic, these images sadly do not shock me.
    What really apalls me is the ease with which this drug is made and distributed, the immediate addiction and consequent death. I will immediately tell my AA group, family, and “normal” friends, and in
    general, get the word out. Thank you for advising me of this mew poison.

8. Kelley H. 17 September 2011 at 2:03 pm #

Thanks for sharing JmeLee.. I cant say i ever heard of it in Mississippi but im sure it is out there. I am just greatful im not out there to experiance it, cause im sure i would have 3 and 1/2 years ago if i came in contact with it.. Hope ya have a great day.. HUGS

9. jim McGuire 18 September 2011 at 3:35 am #

Most excellent message. As a recovered alcoholic myself i remember how cavalier my attitude was toward the establishment and its scare tactics. This type of message carries with it an air of undeniability by laying it down right on the line. Many times in cases such as my own, only brutal honesty spoken from the mouths of those who have been there will work.

I am forever grateful to have been born before the current age of our culture. Who would have ever thought we’d come to refer to the 60′s ,70′s, and 80′s as TAME ?

10. Cheryl L. 18 September 2011 at 3:40 am #

I was not aware of this drug. It is way worse than meth could ever be; meth is the biggest problem we have in the rural area where I live and I did not think there could be many drugs worse than meth or heroin. Thank you for posting this and also showing graphically where addiction can take someone. Being in recovery myself, it is still hard for me to fathom how someone could love a drug more than themselves in such a manner as this.

11. Heidi W 18 September 2011 at 11:49 am #

WOW…I had not heard of this one yet. I am not amazed that we addicts can come up with the craziest and sickest and let’s not forget cheapest ways to get out of ourselves. I am a Substance Abuse Counselor for my profession and have seen and heard lots of things. But i was not prepared for this at all. I have been battling the Spice epidemic and the fake Crystal meth bath salts. Only a matter of time before this reaches us in Utah. Im so sorry for those who have been effected. I will pray for those who have been effected in anyway. How devestating. Thank you for the knowledge. one of the ways that we can safeguard ourselves against the disease of addiction.

12. Jennifer Marshall 18 September 2011 at 5:03 pm #

If thats not proof that the spirit of the Devil is here and living nothing is, how aweful! Why would anyone try it once??

13. Veronica "Krash" J. 18 September 2011 at 6:23 pm #

I was telling my sponsor how angry I am at the disease of addiction when he was sharing this with me last night. Tonight is the first time I saw the pictures. I have a sponsee that needs to see this. Thank you for sharing.

14. Angel B. 18 September 2011 at 6:56 pm #

JMELEE, Thank you for being in service! I am a recovering Heroin addict and I can tell you from experience that we will go to any lengths, but I am astonished at the insanity I see here! My stomache has turned and it is a pretty strong one. I would like to ask your permission to re-post this article on facebook. I have family and friends that are still active but read my post and I think they may benifit from seeing this. Please e-mail me personaly for I will not post it without your permission. We need more brave souls like you to help keep us updated on the destructive insanity of this disease. Thanks again for your service and your time. In loving service, Angel B.

15. coolcosmus 19 September 2011 at 8:32 pm #

so sad we have not heard or seenthis in kenya thanks for the update will pass the message in our villages and streets.God bless

16. Joe Ward 20 September 2011 at 11:17 am #

Thanks Jmelee,

My drug of choice was meth which I thought to be the most insidous of all drugs.

Your story and graphic pictures helped me explain to my former wife the disease of the mind (insanity) which overpowers all common sense. Your pictures graphically show the bottoms to which some of us must go before we become willing to ask for help.

I am here by the grace of God.

God Bles,

JoeJoe

17. Julie Harris 20 September 2011 at 10:02 pm #

My fiance and I are recovering alcoholics/addicts whichever you prefer to call it I qualify for both, I have been out of the game for only 3 short years as has he. I was blown away to see this, I thought Meth was awful but I am so grateful that I have my life and family today instead of this horrible whole body theft!!!! I am saddened for those who are here with this evil haunting their every thought. I am in prayer for them and all those
    whom are within their tornado wind.
    Love and Blessings to all who have a story to tell.

18. Connie Badilla 27 September 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Sad is the only word that pops out in my head.
    God help all of todays society in every nation because we have become so badly distorted and damaged mentally and physically, have pain…take a pill. Pills don’t help pain anylonger…turn to the streets, self medicate.
    We’ve lost it God, we need to be takin back to the days when people worked hard because they had families to feed, and neighbors helped one another because it was just what the way it was, and parents raised thier children to believe in God, Country, Charity and to have good morals and ethics. Less and less are learning and living the good life these days…SAD.

19. Linda 7 April 2012 at 8:05 am #

Thank’s for having our kids thinking about drugs with photos like that…

20. Cheryl D. Uzamere 28 May 2012 at 11:29 am #

My daughter is a registered. I want to show this to her.

This is so sad.

21. Bruno Marchal 13 June 2012 at 9:31 am #

Krokodil, like wood-alcohol, is exactly the kind of drug which appears due to the prohibition of drug. It exploded in Russia after a severe repression of the use of heroin.

Krokodil would not exist if drugs were all legal.

And you cannot fight against Krocodil, for it is easy to produce from well known legal medications. The only way to fight against the use of Krokodil is the legalization of all drugs, exactly like the only way to make disappear wood-alcohol has been the legalization of alcohol.

Making a drug illegal only creates a black market for it with criminal sellers who target the kids.

The krokodil nightmare is a result of prohibition. Wake up.

22. Anon 18 August 2012 at 5:21 am #

The title is very misleading.. Krokodil drug is only used in Russia, and a few other former soviet countries.
    Luckily this will never hit Europe as in what europeans consider europe (means not including Russia)…

23. justin 16 September 2012 at 10:44 am #

and russia wont even let methadone be an option, or any treatment for that matter, which would dramatically reduce this need to “get well” on this crap.

24. vTomMaxinepb 24 November 2012 at 5:16 pm #

You are going quite good job! keep it up

25. dr krokodile 8 May 2013 at 3:54 am #

gosh that drug looks awesome doesn’t it?and what about that sexy naked girl with her protruding arm bone,that should produce some bones of its own.Just think all this is from the lack of heroin and the price of heroin.Addiction is an evil thing but a sexy one isnt it?any one who deosnt want there skin to rot off just doesnt know what there missing,my friend the devil, you may know him as Lucifer really loves this drug and wants you to try it.i enjoyed reading your A>A blog but drunks are boreing they have all there skin.

26. Observer 5 October 2013 at 7:11 am #

This is propaganda. It does not happen this way. There may be some who developed problems, but it does not happen that often. You need to have your facts straight. The people with such health condition found on the streets- they are homeless mentally disabled people who don’t have access to the treatment, not home grown good boys and girls who decided to use the drug few times. Processed Codeine is not that addictive. Nobody injects paint dissolver. Actually nobody uses Codeine pills- the puppy grows freely everywhere. It is a way to extract opioids from the puppy plant. I am sure there are idiots that would try to do the same to Codeine pills, but it is their problem and right. The paint dissolver is just that: dissolver. It evaporates and nobody injects it. People get infections, which leads to abscesses and necrotizing tissue damage. As I say- have your information straight- this post is laughable. It sounds as smart as other Ecstasy/Opioids propaganda. Grow up.

27. Observer 5 October 2013 at 7:14 am #

Oh, yeah, I meant pappy. Spell corrector changed it.

28. Jennifer 4 November 2013 at 1:10 am #

OMG SERIOUSLY!!!!!! What kind of dummy starts a drug like this and much more than that…….. At what point do you think you should stop? When your leg falls off? Hmmmmmm does not take a genius to know GAS IS FOR CARS ONLY NOT HUMANS…… THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR FIRST CLUE!!!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. InTheRooms Newsletter » Blog Archive » The Drug That Eats Junkies - 16. Sep, 2011

[...] Click here to see ALL the photos, they are very graphic: http://mystoryofrecovery.com/2011/09/16/warning-graphic-krokodil-europes-designer-drug/ [...]

2. Sober Blog - 16. Sep, 2011

[...] http://mystoryofrecovery.com/2011/09/16/warning-graphic-krokodil-europes-designer-drug/ [...]

3. Krokodil Drug--Flesh Eating Heroin Substitute - Stormfront - 26. Jun, 2012

[...] If you want to see photos look here not for the squeemish!: Video of the Krokodil | idiot youth WARNING! GRAPHIC!! Krokodil, Europe’s “Designer Drug” | A Girl and Her Blog http://scallywagandvagabond.com/wp-c…11/06/waxw.jpg Just figured I would share this with anyone [...]